Bread Recipes for Everyday Cooking
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
3 cups bread flour
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
3 quarts boiling water
3 tablespoons white sugar
1. Place water, salt, sugar, flour, and yeast in the bread machine pan according
to the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough setting.
2. When dough cycle is complete, let dough rest on a lightly floured surface.
Meanwhile, in a large pot bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Stir in 3
tablespoons of sugar.
3. Cut dough into 9 equal pieces and roll each piece into a small ball. Flatten
balls. Poke a hole in the middle of each with your thumb. Twirl the dough on
your finger or thumb to enlarge the hole and even out the dough around the hole.
Cover bagels with a clean cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
4. Carefully transfer bagels to boiling water. Boil for 1 minute,
turning half way through. Drain briefly on clean towel. Move boiled bagels to
baking sheet sprinkled with corn meal.
5. Glaze tops with egg white and sprinkle with your choice of toppings. Bake in
a preheated 375 degree F (190 degrees C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until well
Quick and easy bagels you can make with your bread machine!
Back to ABM Bread
Copyright ©2002 - 2012
That's My Home