Serious Chocolate Bread Recipe
Recipes for Everyday Cooking
Serious Chocolate Bread
Requires a bread machine
310 ml water
2 tablespoons oil
1 1/2 teaspooons salt
3 tablespoons sugar
450 grams (3 cups) white bread flour
2 tablespoons milk powder
1 1/4 teaspoons dried yeast
2 (30 grams) Flakes, crumbled
2 (50 grams) Rolos
3 tablespoons hazelnuts, chopped
For Bread Machines with a 'Pause' Function
1. Select a Basic Bread/White or Sweet Bread Setting. At the last knockdown of
the dough and before the start of the 3rd rise, press the 'Pause' button. Remove
the dough from the bread pan.
2. Place dough into a lightly floured surface and roll to a 35 x 35 cm square.
Spread with Nutella. Cut the square into two, then cut each half into 3
evenly-sized portions (6 in total).
3. Sprinkle each portion evenly with Flake chocolate and hazelnuts and top with
3 Rolos. Roll each portion as for a Swiss Roll. Place portions side by side in
the bread pan, then position pan into bread machine. Press Start.
Note: Blade may be removed from pan prior to placing rolls back into the pan. At
10 minutes into the bake cycle, press the 'Pause' button, brush the bread with a
little milk to glaze. Press Start to complete baking.
For Bread Machines without a 'Pause' Function
1. Select the Dough Setting. At completion of dough cycle, remove dough from
pan. Place dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll to a 35 x 35 cm square.
2. Spread with Nutella. Cut the square into two, then cut each half into 3
even-sized portions (6 in total). Sprinkle each portion evenly with Flake
chocolate and hazelnuts and top with 3 Rolos.
3. Roll each portion as for a Swiss Roll. Place portions side by side in a
lightly greased loaf pan. Lightly cover with plastic wrap and stand in warm
place until dough doubles in size. Brush with a little milk. Bake at 190 C for
30-35 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
Back to ABM Bread
Copyright ©2002 - 2012
That's My Home