Croissant Bread Pudding Recipe
Bread Pudding Recipes for Everyday Cooking
Croissant Bread Pudding with Roasted Pecans and Bourbon
Drunken Raisins in a Warm Coconut Caramel
For The Sauce:
1 C Heavy Cream
1-13.5 oz Can Coconut Milk
1-15 oz Can Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut
2 C Brown Sugar
4 C Sweetened Shredded Coconut
For The Bread Pudding:
5 Whole Eggs
5 Egg Yolks
1 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Granulated sugar
1 T Vanilla Bean, scraped
2 t Cinnamon
2 C Heavy Cream
2 C Jim Beam
1-1/4 C Raisins
1 C Pecans
2 T Dark Caramel or 1 T Caramel Extract
8 Large Day Old Croissants
Method For The Sauce:
· Place all ingredients in heavy saucepan.
· Bring to a boil and boil for 25 minutes or until thick.
· Set aside and let cool.
Method For The Bread Pudding:
· In a small bowl, combine raisins and Jim Beam and let plump for 15-30
· In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, yolks, and sugars and set aside.
· In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream, cinnamon and vanilla bean (scraped).
Bring to a boil and pour into egg mixture while
· Whisk in raisins, pecans and caramel.
· Slice croissants into 2" cubes and stir into the egg mixture.
· Let soak for 15 minutes.
· Spoon into oven-proof bowls and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until