Tender fillets seasoned with lime and ginger and cooked in a
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce*
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon grated, peeled gingerroot
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
1 large carrot, cut into 2 1/4-inch-long matchstick-thin strips
1 large green onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
1. In small bowl, mix lime juice, fish sauce, olive oil, ginger,
sugar, and minced garlic.
2. From roll of foil, cut four 16" by 12" sheets. Fold each
sheet crosswise in half and open up again.
3. Place 1 red snapper fillet, skin side down, on half of each
piece of foil. Top with carrots, green onion, then cilantro
leaves. Spoon the lime-juice mixture over the snapper and
vegetables. Fold other half of foil over fish. Fold and crimp
foil edges all around to create 4 sealed packets.
4. Place packets on grill over medium heat; cook 8 minutes.
5. To serve: With kitchen shears, cut an X in top of each packet
so steam can escape. (When packets are open, check that fish
flakes when tested with a fork.)