Galettes de Louiseville
4 peeled apples, cored and chopped
50 ml (1/4 cup) apple juice
250 ml (1 cup) cranberry sauce with whole berries
Pinch of cinnamon
1. Put all the ingredients in a pan and cook over low heat until
apples are tender.
2. Remove cloves.
3. Keep warm.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 8 to 10 minutes
Makes: 4 to 5 pancakes, 20 cm (8 inches) in diameter
175 ml (3/4 cup) milk
125 ml (1/2 cup) buckwheat flour
15 ml (1 tablespoon) melted butter
50 ml (1/4 cup) all-purpose or whole-wheat flour
10 ml (2 teaspoons) brown sugar
2 ml (1/2 teaspoon) baking powder
Pinch of salt
1. Mix together milk and buckwheat flour. Let rest 5 minutes.
2. Add butter and eggs; mix well.
3. Add remaining ingredients. Mix.
4. Pour a thin layer of the batter in a hot and buttered frying
5. Brown on both sides.
6. Stuff galettes with filling. Roll up.
7. Serve hot.
Translated from Le livre de recettes du lait by the Milk
Producers of Quebec .