Chicken Breasts baked in Maple Syrup -
Poitrine de Poulet au sirop
4 bone-in chicken breasts
1/4 cup unbleached flour
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon dried savory
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup chicken stock
Preheat oven to 350F.
1. Mix some salt and pepper into the flour
and pour the flower into a plastic bag.
2. Place the chicken into the flour, one or two at a time, and
shake to coat.
3. In a large dutch oven, heat the butter over med-high heat.
When it starts to bubble, add the chicken breasts and brown on
4. Pour the maple syrup over the breasts and sprinkle in the
5. Arrange the onion slices on the top; pour over the chicken
broth and place in the oven.
6. Bake, basting the chicken with the pan juices, for about 50
Place one breast on each of 4 plates, drizzle on some of the
cooking juices and serve hot.