No-Bake Peaches and Cream Cheesecake
1. In small bowl, evenly sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup cold water. Let stand at room temperature 2 minutes to soften gelatin slightly.
2. In 3-quart saucepan, with wire whisk, mix 1 cup peach nectar with sugar and egg yolks until blended. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until slightly thickened and temperature on instant-read thermometer reaches 160 degrees F, stirring constantly (do not boil). Reduce heat to low; whisk in softened gelatin and heat 3 minutes, just until dissolved.
3. Pour gelatin mixture into medium bowl; stir in remaining cup peach nectar. Set bowl with gelatin mixture in larger bowl filled halfway with ice water. With rubber spatula, stir gelatin mixture occasionally until it just begins to set, about 20 minutes. Remove gelatin mixture from bowl of ice water.
4. Meanwhile, in large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese until very smooth, about 3 minutes. Add sour cream and vanilla, and beat 5 minutes or until blended, scraping bowl often with rubber spatula.
5. Gradually beat gelatin mixture into cream-cheese mixture; beat until smooth.
6. Pour cream-cheese mixture into 9-inch springform pan; with spatula, smooth top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight, until set.
7. Up to 2 hours before serving, after cheesecake is set, heat preserves in small saucepan over low heat until melted. Press preserves through fine sieve into bowl; cool slightly.
8. When preserves are cool, toss peach slices with lemon juice. Arrange slices on top of cheesecake; brush with preserves. Cover and refrigerate cheesecake until ready to serve.
9. Meanwhile, set aside 1 tablespoon pistachios; finely chop remaining nuts.
10. To serve, loosen cheesecake from side of pan with knife; remove side. Place cheesecake on cake stand or dessert platter. Sprinkle whole pistachios over top of cheesecake. Using cupped hand or flat wide spatula, press remaining pistachios onto side of cake.