Singapore Mai Fun
1 (6 ounces) package skinny rice noodles (py mai fun)
1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon peanut oil, divided
1 large egg, beaten lightly
1/2 cup red bell peppers, cut in strips
1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3-5 cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced (I used 8 more oz of
shrimp; you could also use cubed tofu)
1 tablespoon curry powder
8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup sliced green onion (1-inch slices)
1/2 lb snow peas, sliced thinly
1/2 lb mung bean sprouts
1. Cook rice noodles according to package directions, leaving out any fat or
salt that may be called for.
2. Combine broth, soy sauce, sugar and salt, and stir togetehr till sugar
3. Heat large nonstick skillet over med-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray.
4. Add 1 tsp oil.
5. Add egg; stir-fry 30 seconds or until soft-scrambled, stirring constantly.
6. Remove from pan, and set aside.
7. Wipe down pan with cloth or paper towel.
8. Heat remaining oil (about 2 tsp) in pan over med-high heat.
9. Add bell pepper, ginger, red pepper, and garlic; stir-fry 15 seconds.
10. Add snow peas, bean sprouts, curry, and shrimp; stir fry two or three
minutes, until shrimp is nearly done.
11. Stir in egg, noodles and broth mixture; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly
12. Sprinkle with green onions.