2. Prepare cake mix as label directs. Spoon batter into jelly-roll pan, spreading evenly. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan; peel off and discard waxed paper. Cool cake completely on wire rack.
3. Prepare coffee butter cream: In cup, mix instant-coffee powder with 2 teaspoons hot tap water until coffee dissolves; stir in vanilla extract. Cut 3/4 cup margarine or butter (1 1/2 sticks) into small pieces. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cut-up margarine or butter and cream cheese just until mixed. Add confectioners' sugar, beat at low speed just until blended. Increase speed to high; beat until fluffy, scraping bowl often. Reduce speed to medium; gradually beat in coffee mixture, scraping bowl often, just until well combined.
4. With serrated knife, cut cooled cake lengthwise into 3 equal pieces for cake layers. Place one cake layer on long platter; spread with 1/2 cup coffee butter cream. Top with second layer, then 1/2 cup coffee butter cream. Place remaining layer on top. Spoon about 1 cup butter cream into decorating bag with medium-size star tube; set aside. With metal spatula, spread sides and top of cake with remaining butter cream, making butter cream as smooth as possible. Refrigerate cake until coffee butter cream is firm and cold, about 1 hour.
5. In heavy 1-quart saucepan over low heat, heat semisweet
chocolate, corn syrup, and 1/2 cup margarine or butter (1 stick) until melted
and smooth, stirring frequently. Let glaze cool 5 minutes.
7. Pipe butter cream in decorating bag along top of cake to make a pretty design; garnish with coffee-bean candies. Garnish platter with lemon leaves and strawberries. Refrigerate cake if not serving right away.
Makes 16 servings