Wedding Bell Shower Chocolate Cake
Need to make cake twice to complete recipe.
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1-2/3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1-1/3 cups water
3 cans (12 to 16 oz. each) vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
Hershey's Kisses Milk Chocolates
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with heavy duty foil; grease
and flour sides and bottom of foil.
2. Combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl; beat on high speed of
mixer 3 minutes. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking
powder; add alternately with water to butter mixture, beating until blended.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Peel off foil; cool
4. Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 for second layer. Freeze cake layers at least three
hours for easier cutting and handling.
5. Cut paper pattern in bell shape. Place pattern on top of one layer; cut
shape. Transfer layer to serving plate or tray. Place pieces, cut from top outer
edges, at lower sides of cake to form bell lip. Frost top of layer. Cut bell
shape from second layer; place on top of first layer. Frost entire cake. Remove
wrappers from Kisses; garnish cake as desired.
About 25 servings.