Christmas Cookies Recipes
Christmas-Kissed Cookies Recipe
"Your Source for Christmas Recipes Online"
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
50 caramel-filled chocolate Kisses
1. Melt chocolate chips as package directs. Let cool.
2. Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large bowl to
3. Beat butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with mixer on medium
speed until creamy. Beat in eggs, extract and chocolate until
blended. On low speed, beat in flour mixture until combined. Stir in
nuts. Cover and chill 1 hour until firm.
4. Heat oven to 350°F.
5. Roll level tablespoons dough into 1-in. balls. Roll balls in
confectioners’ sugar to coat. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking
6. Bake 12 to 14 minutes until cookies set and tops are cracked.
Cool 1 minute on sheet on a wire rack. Gently press a chocolate Kiss
on each. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
Refrigerate airtight in a single layer up to 1 week, or freeze up to
1 month. Redust with confectioners’ sugar, if needed.
Back to Cookie Index
Back to the
Main Christmas Pages
Our other Recipe Site
That's My Home