Greek Cookie Bars
2 cups Pillsbury BESTŪ All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2/3 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons honey
4 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
2 cups chopped walnuts
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons honey
1 to 3 tablespoons water
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 13x9-inch pan. Lightly spoon
flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine all base
ingredients. Beat 2 minutes at low speed or until mixture resembles
coarse crumbs. Press in bottom of greased pan. Bake at 350 F. for 20
to 25 minutes or until set.
2. Meanwhile, in same bowl, combine all topping ingredients except
walnuts. Beat 1 minute at medium speed or until well blended. Stir
in walnuts. Spread evenly over partially baked base.
3. Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Cool 10
minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen. Cool 50 minutes.
4. In small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients, adding enough water
for desired drizzling consistency; blend until smooth. Drizzle over
cooled bars. Let stand 15 minutes or until glaze is set.
5. Cut bars lengthwise into 4 sections. Cut crosswise into 5
sections. Cut each bar in half diagonally to form triangles.