Cocoa Swirl Coffee Cake With Orange Glaze Recipe
"Online Coffeecake Recipes"
Cocoa Swirl Coffee Cake With Orange Glaze
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shortening
2 eggs -- slightly beaten
2/3 cup fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon orange peel -- grated
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup nuts -- chopped
1/4 cup cocoa
3 tablespoons butter -- melted
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1/4 teaspoon orange peel -- grated
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl; cut in
shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Add eggs, orange juice and orange peel; stir just until blended. Set batter
3. Combine confectioners' sugar, nuts and cocoa in small bowl; stir in melted
butter to form a crumb mixture.
4. Spread 3/4 cup batter evenly on bottom of greased 8-inch square pan; sprinkle
half the crumb mixture over batter.
5. Spread with 1 cup batter, sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture, and cover
with remaining batter.
6. Bake in preheated 350 F. oven 35 to 40 minutes, or until cake tester inserted
in center comes out clean.
7. Cool slightly; spread with Orange Glaze and serve warm.
Orange Glaze 1. Combine ingredients in small bowl; blend until smooth.
2. Spread on warm coffee cake.
Home Razzle Dazzle
Copyright ©2002 - 2012
That's My Home