Crumb-Topped Jam Coffeecake Recipe
Online Coffee Cake or Coffeecake Recipes
Crumb-Topped Jam Coffeecake
2/3 cup flour, all-purpose
1/2 cup light brown sugar -- packed
1 cup slivered almonds -- or chopped blanched almonds
1/2 cup unsalted butter;1 stick
chilled and cut in 8 pieces
2 cups flour, all-purpose
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter -- room temp
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 lg eggs
1 cup orange marmalade -- or raspberry jam
1/2 cup buttermilk -- room temp
Make the topping:
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture forms
curds and holds together when pressed between your fingers.
Leave in processor until needed.
Make the cake:
1. Heat oven to 350-degrees.
2. BUTTER and FLOUR a 9 x 12 inch baking pan.
3. Measure the FLOUR, BAKING SODA and BAKING POWDER into a mixing bowl and whisk
to combine. Set aside.
4. Cream the BUTTER, SUGAR and ALMOND EXTRACT with an electric mixer on medium
5. Add the EGGS (without the shells), one at a time, beating for a minute after
each addition. (Don't be alarmed if it looks curdled.
6. Mix in the marmalade or jam on low speed.
7. Mix in half the FLOUR mixture on low speed and beat just until it is
8. Add the BUTTERMILK and mix.
9. Add the rest of the FLOUR and beat just until smooth.
10. Spread the batter in the pan, using a spatula to help get an even layer.
11. Sprinkle the topping over the cake and pat gently into the batter with your
12. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out
clean and the cake starts to pull away from the sides of the pan.
13. Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 20 to 30 minutes before serving, or,
wait until it reaches room temperature.
Home Razzle Dazzle
Copyright ©2002 - 2012
That's My Home