Orange Bowl Yeast Coffeecake Recipe
Online Coffee Cake or Coffeecake Recipes
Orange Bowl Yeast Coffeecake
2 pkg Yeast
1/4 cup Water
1/4 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Margarine
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Orange Juice
4 cup Flour
1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Orange Peel grated
2 ea Eggs large
1/2 cup Milk scalded
1 cup Nuts walnuts or pecans
1. Sprinkle yeast in 1/4 cup warm (not hot) water. Let stand 5-10 minutes to
2. In mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup softened margarine, salt and
scalded milk. Cool to lukewarm.
3. Whisk in eggs, orange juice and yeast. Gradually add flour to form a stiff
dough. You may not need all the flour.
4. Knead on floured surface until smooth and satiny. This should take 3-5
minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease all sides. Cover and let rise
in warm place until light and doubled in size, about 1 hour.
5. Cream 1/2 cup margarine; add 1 cup brown (or white) sugar and orange peel.
6. Roll out half of dough on floured surface to a 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Spread
with half of orange filling; sprinkle with 1/2 of chopped nuts. Start with
12-inch side and roll in a jelly-roll fashion. Cut into twelve 1-inch slices.
7. Arrange slices 1 inch apart on bottom and sides of well-greased 2-quart
casserole or oven-proof mixing bowl. Place remaining slices in center of dough.
Repeat with remaining dough to make second cake.
8. Cover and let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, about 45
9. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Invert immediately onto wire rack; let cool.
Yield: 2 cakes.
Home Razzle Dazzle
Copyright ©2002 - 2012
That's My Home