Chocolate Dipped Toffee Bits Cookies
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits
1-3/4 cups (10-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
2 tablespoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat butter, granulated
sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs; beat
well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in toffee
bits. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
3. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from
cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
4. Line tray with wax paper. Place chocolate pieces and shortening in medium
microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary,
microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each
heating, until chocolates are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
5. Dip about 1/3 of each cookie into melted chocolate. Shake gently and scrape
cookie bottom on edge of bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on prepared
tray. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes. Store in cool, dry
place with wax paper between layers of cookies.
About 4 dozen cookies.