Spiced Almond Meringues
1 tb Butter
1 Egg white
1 pinch Cream of tartar
1 t Ground cinnamon
1/4 c Sugar
3/4 c Almonds -- ground
1. Grind almonds or buy already ground.
2. Grease a cookie sheet generously with 1 tablespoon butter or solid margarine.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Combine in a mixing bowl the egg white and a pinch of cream of tartar; beat
5. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Gradually add to egg white, beating until stiff
peaks form. Fold in the ground almonds.
6. Drop by LEVEL tablespoons 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Cookies spread
during baking so don't place too close together. 7. Bake 10 minutes or until
cookies are a pale beige color.
Yield: About 18 cookies.