Yemenite Fried Bread Pancake
Your Source for Jewish Recipes Online!
Yemenite Fried Bread Pancake - dairy, pareve
Recipe By: Israeli Booklet
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 lb margarine -- use mila
1. Put flour and salt in food processor and add water (plastic
2. Process until dough forms a ball.
3. Add more flour or water as needed. Dough should be very soft, but
4. Transfer dough to a bowl, cover and let stand 1 hour.
5. Divide in 2 parts.
6. Roll out 1 part and spread half the margarine.
7. Fold in 3, roll out and fold in 3 again. Do this 1 more
8. Let stand covered with a damp towel for 1 hour.
9. Do the same with rest of dough.
10. Divide dough in 3.
11. Roll each piece very thin.
12. Heat skillet, add 1 tsp margarine and fry bread until golden
brown. Flip over and cook second side until golden too.
13. Transfer to a warm plate while you do the rest.
14. Serve warm with Hummus or a tomato sauce.
Don't forget to visit our other Recipe site at
That's My Home
Razzle Dazzle Recipes
Copyright © 2002 - 2005