Easter Bread Recipes
from Razzle Dazzle Recipes
Easter Biscuits Recipe
"Your Source for Easter Recipes Online"
Try these delicious English biscuits with a touch of spice for your
2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp mixed spice (pumpkin spice)
6 tbsp butter or margarine
1/4 cup castor (table) sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup currants (or raisins)
1. Sieve the flour, salt and spice together.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in a little egg and flour.
4. Stir in the currants and the remaining flour to make a stiff
5. Roll out on a floured surface to 1/4 in./0.6 cm thick. Cut into
6. Prick with a fork, brush with a little milk and sprinkle with
7. Place on a greased baking tray and bake in the oven at 325
degrees for 20 minutes.
8. Cool on cooling tray and store in an airtight container.
Recipe Source: Feasting for Festivals by Jan Wilson
Razzle Dazzle Recipes