Round Roast and Vegetables Recipe
Easter Recipes from Razzle Dazzle Recipes
"Your Source for Easter Recipes Online"
Eye Round Roast and Vegetables
3 lb Eye of Round Roast
Roast Topping Ingredients:
1 tsp powdered thyme
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp cracked pepper
1 tsp seasoning salt
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 red onion
1 red pepper
1 zucchini cut in thick slices
2 stalks celery, cut in 1 inch slices
1 cup frozen corn or fresh corn
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 spring fresh rosemary
2 balsamic vinegar
1. Add water to roasting pan to a depth of 1/2 inch. Place eye round
roast, fat side up, on a rack over water in pan.
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE: Do not use Pyrex or a glass pan.
2. Mix roast topping ingredients together in a small bowl to make a
paste. Spread on surface of roast.
3. Insert meat thermometer into center of roast, avoiding fat.
4. Place uncovered roast in reheated 500°F oven for 30 minutes. Do
not open oven door.
5. Reduce heat to 275°F and cook for another 1-1/4 – 1-3/4 hours for
medium doneness (i.e. internal temperature of 160°).
6. Meanwhile, prepare vegetables and place in an oven-proof covered
dish. Toss vegetables with olive oil, lemon juice and leaves from
7. Bake vegetables for 45 minutes along with roast at 275°F. Add
vinegar to hot vegetables.
Makes 6 servings
Razzle Dazzle Recipes