Basil Roasted Turkey Recipe
Easter Recipes from Razzle Dazzle Recipes
"Your Source for Easter Recipes Online"
Lemon Basil Roasted Turkey
1 12-14 lb, turkey, fresh or frozen (thawed)
3 lemons, cut in half
fresh basil sprigs
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
2. Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey;
discard or refrigerate for another use.
3. Rinse the turkey with cold running water; drain and pat dry with
4. Season the inside of the turkey with salt and pepper.
5. Place the lemon halves and a few sprigs of basil inside the
6. Secure the neck skin to the back with skewers. Fold the wings
under the back of the turkey. Place the legs in tucked position.
7. Place the turkey, breast side up, on a wire roasting rack
(sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) in shallow roasting pan (no
more than 2-1/2 inches). Insert an oven-safe thermometer into the
thickest part of the thigh, being careful it does not touch the
8. Cover the turkey with a loose tent of foil.
9. Roast the turkey in a pre-heated 325 degree F. oven for about
2-1/2 hours; then remove foil and baste the turkey with the pan
10. Continue to roast the turkey for about another hour until meat
thermometer registers 180 degrees F. in the thigh.
11. Remove the turkey from oven and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes
Makes about 14 Servings
Razzle Dazzle Recipes