Zehnder's Barbecued Chicken Recipe
Eating Out ... In
Restaurant Recipes from Razzle Dazzle Recipes
Zehnder's Barbecued Chicken
4 (6 oz.) chicken breast - 1 1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
3 tsp. paprika
1 TBSP. yellow mustard
2 tsp. onion salt
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
3 tsp. cumin
3 1/2 c. catsup
3/4 c. white vinegar
2 tsp. garlic powder
1. Melt butter in saucepan.
2. Add all remaining ingredients and whisk with wire whip until
3. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Set aside - this recipe will make enough sauce for 3 barbecues,
and will last 3 weeks under refrigeration in a covered dish.
5. Rinse chicken under cool running water. Pat dry.
6. Place chicken on barbecue grill or on a broiler tray in an oven.
7. Brush lightly with sauce to start and continue to baste, both
sides during cooking 3-4 minutes on each side.
This recipes comes from John Zehnder's cookbook
"The Flavors of Frankenmuth"