Zehnder's Rosettes Recipe
Eating Out ... In
Restaurant Recipes from Razzle Dazzle Recipes
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 T. sugar
1/4 t. salt
1 t. flavoring desired
1 C. flour (measure, then sift)
1 C. whole milk
1. Add salt, sugar and flavoring to eggs.
2. Add 1/2 C. milk, and all of the flour, then add remaining 1/2 C.
milk, stirring, do not beat.
3. If foamy, let set. Place oil and mold in fryer and heat to 385
degrees F. keeping hot during entire procedure.
4. Shake excess oil off iron and touch iron on paper toweling to
5. Dip hot iron into batter
almost to top. NOT OVER TOP OF IRON.
6. Tilt to side when removing from batter to avoid drips.
7. Place in hot oil. When rosette holds its shape remove the iron
and allow to brown, then turn over to brown other side.
8. Remove from oil and drain on absorbent paper.
Irons should be washed with mild soap, never scrub with abrasives.
**This recipes comes from John Zehnder's cookbook "The Flavors of