Baked Chicken Cacciatore
1/2 cup flour
1 chicken(3 lbs.), cut up
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 can(8 oz.) tomato sauce
1/2 cup dry red wine
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 green bell peppers, cored, seeded, and sliced
1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place flour in a paper bag; shake chicken pieces in flour to coat. In a large
frying pan, heat oil. Add chicken and cook, turning, until browned, about 10
minutes. Remove to a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
2. While chicken is browning, mix tomato sauce, wine, oregano, salt, and pepper
in a small bowl.
3. Add garlic to pan drippings and saute 1 minute. Add bell peppers and
mushrooms; cook 5 minutes.
4. Stir in tomato sauce mixture. Pour over chicken.
5. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F. for 5 minutes, until chicken is
tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.