Italian Lemon Chicken
1 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
5 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (sag, thyme, rosemary, parsley, basil)
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 to 4 pounds chicken, cut into serving pieces
salt and pepper to taste
1. Grate the zest of the lemons into a bowl large enough to hold all of the
chicken pieces, then squeeze in all the lemon juice, holding back the seeds.
2. Whisk in wine, 1/4 cup olive oil, herbes and garlic. Add chicken pieces,
turning them to coat well in the marinade. Refrigerate for several hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350F. Heat remining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan.
Drain chicken pieces, reserving the marinade, and saute over medium heat until
they are golden crisp on all sides (about 5 to 7 minutes.)
4. Transfer chicken to a baking dish large enough to hold all of the chicken
pieces in one layer.
5. Pour reserved marinade into frying pan and bring to a boil, scraping up any
remaining bits in the pan. Pour the hot marinade over the chicken in the baking
6. Place baking dish in oven, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken
pieces are done (juices will run clear.) Serve in baking dish, or transfer to a
serving plate and pour pan juices over chicken.