Veal in Basil Sauce
4 tablespoons sweet softened butter
3 tablespoons minced basil
2 cloves garlic (mashed)
Veal 12-14 veal scallops cut thin
salt and fresh black pepper
Flour for dredging
2 tablespoons sweet butter
2 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons minced shallots
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup beef stock
dash of lemon juice
1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with water.
1. Preheat oven at 325 degree, butter a large flame proof baking dish and set
2. In a bowl combine softened butter with basil and garlic and beat the mixture
with wooden spoon until blended and smooth. Chill
3. Dry veal with paper towels. Season with salt, pepper dredge with flour.
4. In a large skillet melt butter and oil . Cook veal on each side until brown.
Remove veal slices to buttered baking dish.
5. Add the shallots to the skillet and cook until tender.
6. Add the wine and bring to a boil.
7. Add the beef stock and bring to boil and1teaspoon corn- starch mixed with
water or stock.
8. Pour sauce over the veal and cover baking dish with buttered foil. Place in
oven and bake for 25 minutes. Garnish: 2 tablespoons sweet butter, 2 tablespoons
olive oil, 2 cups cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper and minced parsley.
9. Heat butter and oil in skillet and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and
pepper & cook foe 3 minutes. Sprinkle with minced parsley over veal when veal is
done. Remove to a severing platter. Sprinkle with lemon juice and surround it
with cherry tomatoes.
10. Whisk in the cornstarch mixture little by little cooking until sauce coats a
11. Remove the pan from the heat, add the basil butter and whisk the sauce until
the butter melted add seasonings and spoon sauce over the veal and tomatoes.