Halloween Recipes from Razzle Dazzle Recipes
Frightful Finger Cookies Recipe
Your Source for Halloween Recipes Online!
Frightful Finger Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup ground pecans
Red food coloring and blanched or slivered almonds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer until light and
fluffy. Add vanilla and salt. Add flour, 1/4 cup at a time, blending
well after each addition. Stir in pecans. Dough will be heavy.
3. Using 1 heaping tablespoonful per cookie, shape dough into
"fingers" about 3 inches long and 3/4 inch in diameter.
4. Place dough on prepared cookie sheet. Using a knife, lightly
score "fingers" a few times across center and near top to resemble
knuckles. "Paint" almonds with food coloring and press into top of
each cookie to resemble fingernail", if desired. Or, make an
indentation in of cookie top to resemble "fingernail".
5. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie
sheets. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
Halloween Appetizer Recipes] [Graveyard
Halloween Dinner Recipes] [Ghoulish
Halloween Treat Recipes] [Scary
Halloween Desserts Recipes] [Halloween
Trick or Treat Candy Recipes] [Halloween
Party Ideas] [Halloween
Don't forget to visit our other Recipe site at
That's My Home