18 ounce roll refrigerated sugar-cookie dough
4 3.5-ounce containers vanilla pudding
2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs or 20 chocolate sandwich cookies with
white filling, finely crushed
Assorted whole vanilla wafers, graham crackers, and/or
chocolate-filled oval shortbread cookies
Black, green, red, and white decorator gel icing
Assorted candies, such as fruit-flavored jelly worms, candy-coated,
chocolate-covered peanuts, and gumdrops
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a 12-inch pizza pan or 3
2. With lightly floured hands, pat the cookie dough into prepared
pizza pan. If using baking sheets, divide dough into thirds and pat
each third into a 7-inch circle onto the prepared baking sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes for pizza pan or 8 to 10 minutes for
smaller circles of dough, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool
on wire rack.
4. Spread vanilla pudding over baked cookie. Sprinkle with cookie
crumbs. Cover and chill.
5. Meanwhile, decorate cookie tombstones.
6. Press cookies into pudding layer of pizza. If necessary, support
back of cookies with some of the candies. Decorate "graveyard" with
candies. Create peering eyes with candy-coated chocolate peanuts;
make shoes, feet, and hands with gumdrops; and arrange jelly worms.
7. Cover and chill up to 4 hours before serving.
Makes 16 to 20 servings.
Better Homes and Gardens