2 tbsp olive oil
4 large zucchinis, thinly sliced lengthwise
4 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 Vidalia onions, very thinly sliced
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup grated cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon of the oil on the bottom of a large flameproof gratin
dish or shallow casserole. Arrange half the zucchini over the bottom, then add a
layer of half the tomatoes and then half the onions.
3. Add half the basil and thyme and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add half the
4. Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients, topping the remaining
cheese. (The dish can be made an hour or two ahead up to this point.)
5. Bake the lasagna for about 30 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender and
the cheese is melted. Place under the broiler for the last 3 minutes of cooking.
yield: 4 servings
prep time: 15 minutes minutes
cooking time: 30 minutes minutes
Keep this in mind for that zucchini harvest this summer!