Threadgill's French Quarter Pasta Salad
Source of Recipe "Threadgill's, The Cookbook" by Eddie Wilson
1 cup black olive, sliced
1/2 cup green olives, sliced
1/4 cup green chilies, diced
1 red onion, sliced
1/2 cup celery, finely diced
1/2 cup cauliflower, diced
1 teaspoon caper
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1/2 carrots, finely diced
1/2 cup broccoli, diced
1/2 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
4 lbs spiral shaped pasta, uncooked,fresh or frozen (dry would work
For Salad Dressing
2 teaspoons parsley, minced
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon basil leaves, sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon leaf oregano
1 teaspoon tarragon leaf
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup vinaigrette dressing (your favorite)
1. Mix all salad ingredients EXCEPT pasta.
2. Mix salad dressing and pour over vegetables.
3. Let stand for 12 hours in refrigerator, stirring occasionally.
4. Cook and chill pasta.
5. Add pasta to the vegetables.
6. Serve as a salad or as a base for entree salads.