Carrot Cake in a Jar Recipe
Cake Recipes From Food Gifts From Your Kitchen
Carrot Cake in a Jar
2 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup water
2 tsp. vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups peeled, grated carrots
2/3 cup chopped nuts
1. In large bowl, cream sugar and shortening with electric mixer.
2. Add eggs and mix well.
3. Add water and vanilla and mix well.
4. Place dry ingredients in a separate large bowl and blend with a
5. Add creamed ingredients to dry ingredients and mix with whisk and
6. Gently stir in grated carrots and nuts.
7. Place 1 cup batter each into 6 well-greased 1-pint wide-mouth
canning jars. Wipe batter from rim.
8. Place jars on a baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees F for 55
minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Wipe rims. Place hot sterilized seals and rings on hot jars.
Keep in refrigerator for prolonged storage.
Back to Cake Recipes
Copyright 2002 - 2011