Butter Almond Crunch Recipe
Candy Recipes, Truffle Recipes and Fudge Recipes
Easy and Delicious Gifts From Your Kitchen
Butter Almond Crunch
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
1 3/4 cups almonds chopped
1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
1 3/4 cups sugar
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
3 tablespoons water
1. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan; spread 1 cup mini chocolate
chips evenly over bottom and set aside.
2. Spread almonds in shallow pan or on baking sheet; toast at 350
F., stirring occasionally, 7 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Melt butter in 2 1/2-quart saucepan; blend in sugar, corn syrup
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, to hard-crack stage,
or until mixture registers 300 F. on candy thermometer.
5. Remove from heat; stir in 1 1/2 cups toasted almonds.
6. Immediately spread mixture evenly over mini chocolate chips in
pan, being careful not to disturb chips; quickly sprinkle with
remaining 1/4 cup almonds and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
7. Score into 1 1/2-inch squares, if desired; cool.
8. Cover pan and store overnight. Remove from pan, break into
pieces, and store in tightly covered container.
Makes about 2 1/4 lb. candy
Source of Recipe: The
Complete Dessert Cookbook by Johna Blinn
Back to Candy Recipes
Razzle Dazzle Recipes
Copyright 2002 - 2011