Candy Recipes, Truffle Recipes and Fudge Recipes
Easy and Delicious Gifts From Your Kitchen
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 cup light cream
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup margarine
1. Stir together sugar, corn syrup, cream and water in a heavy
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
3. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until temperature
registers 260 F. on candy thermometer, or until a small amount of
mixture dropped into very cold water forms a ball that is hard
enough to hold its shape, yet plastic.
4. Add margarine; continue cooking, stirring constantly, until
temperature registers 280 F. on candy thermometer, or until a small
amount of mixture dropped into very cold water separates into
threads that are hard but not brittle.
5. Turn into a greased 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan; cool until film forms on
6. Use a sharp knife to mark candy into 1/2-inch squares. (Do not
break through film.)
7. Using a flat metal spatula, continue pressing along marks,
pressing deeper each time. When spatula can be pressed to bottom of
pan, candy will be shaped into puffs.
8. Cool completely; turn out on board and break into pieces.
Makes 1 1/4 pounds
Source of Recipe: The Complete Dessert Cookbook
by Johna Blinn
Back to Candy Recipes
Razzle Dazzle Recipes
Copyright 2002 - 2011