Chocolate Citrus Sticks Recipe
Candy Recipes, Truffle Recipes and Fudge Recipes
Easy and Delicious Gifts From Your Kitchen
Chocolate Citrus Sticks
4 medium oranges
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups water
6 ounces semisweet chocolate
1. Cut the fruit in half and remove the flesh (reserve for another
use) ,saving only the colored zest and a thin layer of white pith.
Cut into strips about BC" wide and 2-3" long.
2. Drop strips into pan of cold water, place over med-high heat and
bring to boil. Drain and repeat three times. During last boiling,
continue cooking and simmer 30 minutes. Drain again and reserve
3. Combine sugar and water in saucepan over med heat and stir to
dissolve sugar. Add strips and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer
for 10-15 minutes or until strips are translucent and tender.
4. Remove strips with slotted spoon and place on wire rack. Allow to
dry for 8 hours or overnight.
5. Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water. Dip
strips a few at a time to coat. Remove to sheet of aluminum foil and
allow chocolate to set. Store in tightly covered container in
These keep indefinitely.
Variations: Instead of 4 oranges, try 3 grapefruit or 6 lemons or
Source of Recipe: "The Holidays" John Hadamuscin
Back to Candy Recipes
Razzle Dazzle Recipes
Copyright 2002 - 2011