Walnut Maple Caramels Recipe
Candy Recipes, Truffle Recipes and Fudge Recipes
Easy and Delicious Gifts From Your Kitchen
Walnut Maple Caramels
1 c Chopped walnuts
1 c Butter
1 c Brown sugar
2 c Whipping cream
1 c Maple syrup
1 t Vanilla
1. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over
edges of pan. Spray with with vegetable oil. Sprinkle chopped
walnuts on the bottom of the foil-lined pan; set pan aside.
2. In a heavy 3-quart saucepan melt the butter over low heat. Add
the sugar cream maple syrup and mix well. Cook over medium-high heat
to boiling, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to dissolve
sugar. This should take 6 to 8 minutes. Avoid splashing the mixture
on sides of pan. Carefully clip candy thermometer to side of pan.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, till candy
thermometer registers 248F, firm-ball stage. Mixture should boil at
moderate, steady rate over entire surface. Reaching firm-ball stage
should take 45 to 55 minutes.
4. Remove saucepan from heat; remove candy thermometer from
saucepan. Immediately stir in vanilla. Quickly pour the caramel
mixture over the nuts in the prepared pan.
5. Cool. When caramel is firm, use foil to lift it out of pan. Use a
knife to cut candy into 1-inch squares. Wrap each piece in clear
plastic wrap. Makes 64 pieces or about 2 pounds.
Back to Candy Recipes
Razzle Dazzle Recipes
Copyright 2002 - 2011