Asian Slaw On Crunchy Noodle Nest
2 packages (3 ounces each) baked chicken-flavor ramen noodles
1 package (16 ounces) cabbage slaw mix
2 firm, red apples
4 green onions with tops, thinly sliced (½ cup)
1 medium carrot, grated (½ cup)
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped, divided
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 head green leaf lettuce
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Set flavor packets from ramen noodles aside for
dressing. In large micro-cooker, microwave 4 cups water on HIGH 5-6 minutes or
until boiling. Add ramen noodles and microwave on HIGH 3 minutes; stir. Drain
noodles in small colander and rinse under cold water. Spread noodles out on
clean kitchen towel; blot dry.
2. Lightly spray large round stone using a spritzer. Arrange noodles on baking
stone in an even layer to within 1/2 inch of edge; spray lightly with oil. Bake
30-35 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Transfer noodle nest to cooling
rack. Cool completely.
3. Place cabbage slaw mix in large colander. Core and slice apples, leaving peel
on. Slice apples into 1/4 inch strips. Thinly slice green onions. Grate carrot.
Using food chopper, coarsely chop peanuts. Add apples, green onions, carrot, and
half of the peanuts to bowl. Toss.
4. Place vinegar, water, oil, sugar, garlic and flavor packets in bowl; mix
thoroughly. Pour dressing over salad mixture, tossing to coat.
5. Arrange lettuce leaves on platter. Place noodle nest over lettuce. Mound slaw
over nest; sprinkle with remaining peanuts. Serve.
Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings
(Light) Nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g,
Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 320 mg, Fiber 3 g
Cook's Tips: For a main dish salad, add 2 cups chopped cooked chicken, if
Source: Pampered Chef