Creamy Banana Walnut Squares
Posted by Rini
1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix (plus ingredients to
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1 package (3.4 ounces) banana instant pudding and pie filling
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 medium bananas, sliced, divided
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare banana bread mix according to package
directions; pour into square baker, spreading evenly. Bake 25-30 minutes or
until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to cooling rack.
Immediately press bread down in center using spatula, forming a flat surface.
2. Set aside 1/2 cup of the whipped topping for later use. In a bowl, combine
remaining whipped topping and sour cream. Add pudding mix and Cinnamon; whisk
3. Slice bananas. Chop walnuts. Spread 1/2 cup of the pudding mixture over
banana bread; top with a single layer of banana slices. Sprinkle with half of
the walnuts. Attach open star tip to a decorator; fill with 1 cup of the pudding
mixture and set aside. Spread remaining pudding mixture over banana layer.
4. Combine reserved whipped topping and chocolate morsels in small micro
cooker?. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted; mix until
smooth. Drizzle glaze over pudding layer; sprinkle with remaining nuts.
5. Using a serrated knife, cut cake into 16 squares. Using a decorator, pipe a
small star of filling onto each square; place one slice of banana onto each
Yield: 16 servings or 32 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 6 g,
Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 250 mg, Fiber 1 g