Roasted Chicken, Onion And Rosemary Pizza
Posted by Rini
1 pouch (16 ounces) Pizza Crust & Roll Mix (including yeast packet)
1 1/4 cups very warm water (120-130°F)
2 cups cooked chicken, coarsely chopped (about 12 ounces)
1 medium red onion, sliced
1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves or 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 package (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. In a bowl, combine Pizza Crust & Roll Mix with yeast
packet. Add warm water and stir until mixture forms a ball.
2. Turn dough out onto well-floured cutting board. With floured hands, gently
knead dough 8-10 times. Pat into an 8-inch disk, flouring both sides. Place
dough in center of large round stone. Roll out using a pizza roller to within
1/2 inch of edge.
3. Coarsely chop chicken. Slice red onion into 1/4-inch-thick slices & snip
4. In large colander bowl toss chicken, onion, parsley, olive oil, garlic,
rosemary, salt, black pepper and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Spread chicken
mixture over dough to within 1/2 inch of edge. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
5. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes on cooling
rack. Cut into squares or wedges.
Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 260, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 3 g,
Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Protein 16 g, Sodium 580 mg, Fiber 0 g