Tex-Mex Chicken Melts
Posted by Rini
1 package (11 ounces) refrigerated French bread dough
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated, divided (1 cup)
1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly spray inside of a bread tube and caps with
vegetable oil. Cap bottom of bread tube; fill tube with dough. Place cap on top.
Bake, upright, 50-60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Remove bread from tube onto
cooling rack. Cool completely.
2. Cut bread into 20 1/4-inch slices. Arrange slices on Rectangle Stone.
3. Chop onion & bell pepper. Grate cheese. In a bowl, combine chicken, onion,
bell pepper, 1/2 cup of the cheese, mayonnaise, Seasoning Mix and garlic; mix
4. Divide filling evenly among bread slices. Slice tomatoes. Place one tomato
slice over filling on each bread slice. Snip parsley. In a bowl, toss remaining
cheese and parsley to combine. Sprinkle over tomato slices.
5. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
Yield: 20 servings