Chocolate Pecan Whiskey Pie
6 ounces semisweet chocolate
3 tablespoons butter
Pastry for a 9-inch single-crust pie
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup light-colored corn syrup
1/4 cup whiskey
1 cup chopped pecans
Whipped cream (optional)
Shaved chocolate (optional)
Chocolate-dipped pecan halves (optional)
1. In a heavy medium saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring
frequently. Remove from heat; cool. Meanwhile, line a 9-inch pie plate with
pastry. Trim; crimp edge.
2. In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, syrup, and whiskey until smooth. Slowly stir egg
mixture into chocolate. Stir in pecans.
3. Pour the chocolate-pecan mixture into pastry shell. To prevent over-browning,
cover edge of the pie with foil. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes.
Remove foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the
center comes out clean.
4. Cool on wire rack. Chill within 2 hours. Cover for longer storage.
5. If you like, pipe whipped cream on pie, sprinkle with shaved chocolate and
garnish with chocolate pecan halves.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.