1/2 pound chocolate
3 egg yolks
5 egg whites
1-1/2 ounces sugar (for egg yolks)
1-1/2 ounces sugar (for egg whites)
3 ounces butter
1 ounce rum
1 splash vanilla extract
juice of 1/4 lemon
1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler and set aside.
2. Beat egg yolks with sugar (1-1/2 ounces) and vanilla in a small mixer. When
the mixture doubles in volume, add the rum and mix.
3. Whisk the butter into melted chocolate and then add the egg yolk mixture.
4. In another bowl, add lemon juice, egg whites and remaining sugar. Whip until
the mixture forms firm peaks.
5. Fold egg white mixture into the chocolate.
6. Refrigerate for 2 hours.