Cooking For A Crowd - Large Sized
Main Dish Recipes
Chicken Adobo Recipe
Recipes for Quantity Cooking
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp. each McCormick Tour de Flavor Ground Ancho, Guajillo, and
Chipotle Chile Peppers
1-1/2 tsp. McCormick Ground Black Pepper
2 tbsp. McCormick Garlic Powder
3 oz. soy sauce
6 tbsp. tomato paste
3/4 cup cider vinegar
4-1/2 cups water
3/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
9 pounds cubed chicken
1. Combine all dry ingredients; set aside.
2. Combine wet ingredients except oil; set aside.
3. Heat oil in large saute' pan until very hot; add chicken cubes.
Sear until meat is well browned but still rare.
4. Add dry seasoning mixture and allow to cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add wet sauce mix and bring to a simmer.
5. Cook until chicken reaches internal temperature of 160°F. Serve
Chef's Tip: This recipe can also be made using beef or pork in place
of chicken. Cook pork to 160oF. internal temperature, same as
chicken; cook beef to desired internal temperature. You may use less
tender cuts of meat for this dish but increase the cooking time to
35 to 45 minutes and cook, covered, to allow the meat to tenderize.
Additional water may need to be added to prevent the sauce from
YIELD: 24 servings, 7 ounces each
Razzle Dazzle Recipes
No Portion of this site
is to be reproduced without permission
Copyright ©2002 - 2012