Apple Bread Recipe
Online Quick Bread Recipes
3 cups flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups diced apple (without skins)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon flour
1. Butter 2 loaf pans and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, soda, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs until they are smooth, creamy
and pale lemon, then add the sugar and oil. Mix well.
4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the vanilla and the dry
ingredients. Mix until the dry ingredients are just incorporated.
5. Remove the bowl from the mixer stand and using a spatula, stir in the apples.
6. In a small bowl, mix the walnuts and the teaspoon of flour together then add
this mixture to the batter.
7. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour. Cool in pans
for a few minutes, then empty out onto cooling racks to cool completely.
Recipe from Puffin Inn, Ogunquit, Maine
AUTHOR: Lori A