Austin Junior League Banana Bread Recipe
Online Quick Bread Recipes
Austin Junior League Banana Bread
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 ripe bananas -- mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons buttermilk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter
10 tablespoons brown sugar
5 tablespoons milk
chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar. Beat eggs and add to sugar mixture. Add bananas,
vanilla and buttermilk.
3. Sift together flour, soda, and salt. Add to banana mixture. Beat well.
4. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9x5x3 inch loaf pans.
5. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until bread pulls away from sides of pan. Cool.
6.To prepare topping, melt butter in saucepan. Add sugar and milk. Cook until
7. Remove syrup from heat and add chopped pecans if desired. Pour syrup over
bread and place the pans under the broiler for 5 minutes.