Wedding Bell Shower Chocolate Cake Recipe
Need to make cake twice to complete recipe.
3/4 C. butter or margarine, softened
1-2/3 C. sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
2 C. all-purpose flour
2/3 C. Hershey's Cocoa
1-1/4 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1/4 t. baking powder
1-1/3 C. water
3 cans (12 to 16 oz. each) vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
Hershey's Kisses Milk Chocolates
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan with heavy duty foil; grease and flour sides and bottom of foil.
2. Combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl; beat on high speed of mixer 3 minutes. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder; add alternately with water to butter mixture, beating until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Peel off foil; cool completely.
4. Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 for second layer. Freeze cake layers at least three hours for easier cutting and handling.
5. Cut paper pattern in bell shape. Place pattern on top of one layer; cut shape. Transfer layer to serving plate or tray. Place pieces, cut from top outer edges, at lower sides of cake to form bell lip. Frost top of layer. Cut bell shape from second layer; place on top of first layer. Frost entire cake. Remove wrappers from Kisses; garnish cake as desired.
About 25 servings.
Back to Showers
Back to Razzle Dazzle
Back to ShowersBack to Planning
Don't forget to visit our other Recipe site at
That's My Home
Graphic from Kim's Whim