Sticky Orange Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Online Sweet Roll Recipes for Everyday Cooking
Sticky Orange Cinnamon Rolls (ABM)
1/2 cup lukewarm milk
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp active dry yeast
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tbsp grated orange zest
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup almonds or pecans, toasted
1. Combine all ingredients except orange spread ingredients and nuts in bread
2. Process on dough setting.
3. Prepare orange spread by placing butter I bowl of heavy duty electric
mixer fitted with flat beater.
4. Add sugar, honey, orange juice, orange zest and cinnamon.
5. Cream together for 3 to 4 minutes or until completely incorporated and set
6. When cycle is complete on dough, turn dough out onto well floured surface.
7. With rolling pin, roll dough out into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
8. Using spatula, spread half of the orange spread evenly over dough.
Sprinkle nuts over the spread.
9. Line 10 inch square baking pan with foil and spread remaining orange
spread over the foil.
10. Beginning with long bottom edge, roll up dough jelly roll style and pinch
seam together firmly to seal.
11. Using serrated knife, but dough into 6 rolls. Evenly space rolls in foil
lined pan and cover with plastic wrap.
12. Let rolls rise in warm place for 40 minutes or till doubled.
13. Place baking stone on middle rack of oven and preheat to 375. Bake rolls
for 30 to 35 minutes or till spread in pan is bubbling and dark and the tops
of the rolls are dark brown.
14. Let rolls cool in pan for 5 minutes.
15. Place another pan over rolls and invert baking pan so the rolls re
resting in second pan and the orange spread on the foil is on top of them.
Remove the foil. Serve warm from pan.