Your Source for Jewish Recipes Online!
Apple Strudel - pareve
For the Dough:
4 cups unsifted flour
2 egg yolks (do not discard whites)
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 heaping teaspoon baking powder
1. Mix dry ingredients.
2. Beat oil and eggs; mix with dry ingredients; add water until it
feels like dough.
3. Form into ball and chill.
For the Apple Filling:
3 or more apples
1 jar of jelly (any flavor)
1. Grind up the apples, walnuts, and raisins together.
2. Add the jelly and mix well.
Other necessary ingredients for the Strudel:
2 egg whites
1/4 cup oil
To Put Together the Strudel:
1. Divide dough into 5 parts.
2. Roll l part of dough out into a rectangular shape; make sure it
is thin enough that you can see through it.
3. Beat the egg whites with the oil; brush the dough with this
4. Spread apple filling on the dough.
5. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle some of this mixture
on top of the filling.
6. Roll up the dough, starting from one of the long edges.
7. Brush top with oil; sprinkle generously again with sugar and
8. Cut slices, 1/2 or 3/4 of the way through; do not cut all the way
to the bottom.
9. Repeat steps 2-8 until you have made as many strudels as you
10. Place strudels on either a very good non-stick cookie sheet or a
greased cookie sheet.
11. Bake approximately 45 minutes to one hour in a 350 degree oven.
Don't forget to visit our other Recipe site at
That's My Home
Razzle Dazzle Recipes
Copyright © 2002 - 2005