Beef Burgundy Filet
4 cups Burgundy wine
1 1/2 cups canola oil
1 1/2 cups soy sauce
2 cups oyster sauce
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
8 (6 ounce) filets filet mignon
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon Burgundy wine
1 tablespoon minced shallots
1 tablespoon minced green onions
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, mix together Burgundy wine, canola oil, soy
sauce, oyster sauce, garlic and oregano. Bring to a boil, and then
remove from heat. Place in the refrigerator 1 hour, or until
2. Place filet mignon filets in a 9x13 inch baking dish, and pour
the chilled marinade over them. Cover tightly with foil, and
refrigerate for a minimum of 5 hours.
3. In a medium bowl, cream butter and 1 teaspoon of Burgundy wine
with a hand mixer. Mix in shallots, green onions and white pepper by
hand; cover tightly, and refrigerate.
4. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
5. Grill marinated filets to desired doneness, turning once. Place
filets in a clean 9x13 inch baking dish. Dollop with the Burgundy
butter mixture, and place in the preheated oven for a minute, or
until butter is melted.