Double Chocolate Swirl Bread
1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
1 cup white chocolate morsels, divided
2 package (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread dough
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray Mini Loaf Pan with vegetable oil using
nonstick cooking spray. Coarsely chop almonds and half of the white chocolate
morsels; place in Classic Batter Bowl.
2. On lightly floured surface, unroll one package of bread dough; do not
stretch. Lightly beat egg white and water in Small Batter Bowl; brush dough with
a portion of the egg mixture. Grate half of the semi-sweet chocolate morsels
evenly over dough. Sprinkle with half of the almond and white chocolate mixture;
roll lightly with Baker's Roller™, pressing mixture into dough.
3. Unroll remaining package of bread dough directly over first dough layer,
matching seams and rolling lightly to seal. Brush dough lightly with portion of
egg mixture; grate remaining chocolate morsels over dough and sprinkle with
remaining white chocolate and almond mixture. Roll lightly with baker's roller.
4. Starting at narrow edge, roll dough up tightly; press edge to seal. Slice
roll into 4 equal portions; place seam side down in pan. Make deep cut down the
length of each loaf without cutting through ends. Brush loaves with remaining
5. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown (center of loaves may appear moist).
Remove pan to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 5 minutes. Remove loaves from pan.
6. Microwave remaining white chocolate and oil, uncovered, on HIGH 30-40 seconds
or until chocolate is melted and smooth. (Do not overheat.) Drizzle chocolate
over loaves; sprinkle with sliced almonds or chocolate morsels, if desired.
Yield: 4 mini loaves (4 servings per loaf)
Nutrients per serving: Calories 190, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 3 g,
Cholesterol less than 5 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Sodium 260 mg, Fiber 0 g
Source: Pampered Chef