Turkey Breast and Sweet Potato Dinner
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
6 pounds Butterball® Breast of Turkey (bone-in), thawed, if frozen
1 medium onion, sliced
3 large sweet potatoes, peel, thickly sliced
2 Granny Smith apples, core, peel, chop
1/2 cup apple juice concentrate, undiluted
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon La Choy® Soy Sauce
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Shake flour in a large oven cooking bag and
place bag in 15x10-inch baking pan. Place turkey breast in bag and
surround with onion (separated into rings), potatoes and apples.
2. Stir together apple juice concentrate, thyme leaves, soy sauce
and black pepper. Pour over turkey breast. Close bag with tie and
make six 1/2-inch slits in top of bag.
3. Bake turkey and potatoes in oven 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until
breast is 170°F on a meat thermometer in the thickest part.
4. Let breast stand 10 minutes. Carefully cut open bag and transfer
breast to a cutting board. Remove sweet potatoes to serving dish and
keep warm. Transfer apple juice mixture to microwave-safe cup
(should have around 2 cups). Stir together cornstarch and water in
small dish until smooth; blend into apple juice mixture. Cook on
100% power in microwave oven until thickened, about 2-1/2 minutes,
stirring after each minute.
5. Slice turkey breast and serve with sweet potatoes and sauce.